A few weeks ago, Toby was asked to speak at a fall retreat for a fellow youth pastor's students. The retreat was at New Life Ranch near Siloam Springs, AR. The kids & I were able to go with him & enjoy time as a family when he wasn't speaking. We had gone a couple of years ago with our student ministry & were so excited to get to go again.
We stayed in a beautiful cabin, I mean really nice definitely not roughing it. There was a bunk bed, 3 beds high which was awesome to the kids. We took a little canoe cruise & had a lengthy hike on the trails of the campground. This is what the kids were looking forward to the most, exploring nature. For me, it turned out to be a wonderful time with God, seeing what he has created, noticing the little things, & just being awestruck at how awesome He is. It was a much needed time for me, very refreshing!
The kids pointed out things that they would see & asked me to document them with a picture, so here's a pictorial version of our Walk in Creation.
I had to take this picture.
We found this great moss covered log.
I believe it was the same log we had their picture taken on the last time we were at NLR.
Tatum was talking about seeing a snake &
Wa La, there it was.
Pretty, huh?
Can you see what this is? It's a walking stick.
I thought this was great, because the only time I've seen one of these was in some sort of exhibit.
We saw some flora
& some Poop!
(The kids had me put this one in.)
I'm thinking this was the first cabin here.
Cross says this is the house of sticks from the 3 Little Pigs.
Here we are wading in the water
& here is why we stopped wading in the water!
I didn't want to meet up with the owner of this discarded outfit.
Tatum spent some time collecting shells
& Cross spent some time throwing rocks in the water.
Little boys just love doing this, don't they?
Walking in Creation
I took some time to walk with God, just Him & me. It was a much needed hike.
Thank you dear Father for spending that time walking with me, your creation!

No comments:
Post a Comment