LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's official, I'm a "Soccer Mom"

Yes, you read that correctly I'm a "Soccer Mom". I really never thought this would be the type field I would be spending my time. I know, I'm just getting started, so we really don't know what they will choose. Right now though, it does look like it's leaning toward futbol. Tatum is on her 3rd season & Cross is on his 1st.

Tatum loves it. She's smaller than most of the other players in the division she plays in (u7), but that doesn't matter she hustles. She's not that aggressive when it comes to fighting others for the ball, however, you ask her to defend the goal & she gives it all she's got. She's turning into quite the little defender. I'm so proud of her when she's out there. She's having so much fun & that's what matters!



YSC Elite
Coach KB Hilburn
Isy, Shaylee, Avery, Brooke, Julia, & Tatum
Not pictured Joy & Lily
This is Cross's 1st season. Well, he played 2 seasons of indoor at the community gym, but as far as outdoor goes this is the 1st season. He is excited because he gets to wear cleats. So I really thought he'd go out on the field full force & raring to go. Boy have I been surprised, that hasn't been the case. I know, I know he's 4 & he's just learning. Well, he sure has no problem playing Angry Birds! (Thanks Uncle B). I've discovered that I need to threaten to take something away or deny him some type of fun (a.k.a. Angry Birds) & he'll put forth some effort to help the team. Last Saturday he actually scored a goal & it was a beaut! I was so proud & he was too. I'm sure he'll catch on soon, at least I hope. Either way, he sure does look cute!


The next 2 pictures make it look like he really is into the game.
He is for a moment here or there.
What he really wants is that break away & then he'll bust out the moves.

So as I said before, I never really thought that this would be the sport I'd be watching a lot. Maybe it's only for this brief time, but I'm enjoying every second of it!

No comments: