The first day of school this year brought on a couple of other firsts. One was Cross going to school everyday (preK) & Tatum going full day. I have to admit it was a bit emotional for me. Of course, Cross's teacher gives us this little bag with a poem that I was prepared for because she gave it to us when Tatum was in her class, but it still got me. Wow! Tatum walked right in no problems, found her big girl desk, didn't need Mommy at all. Boo! I'm wondering, how is she going to open her milk at lunch, will Cross be able to handle the bathroom ok? I guess so, they made it through & in the words of Tatum, "The day was AWESOME!" I have to say, I wasn't quite sure what to do & Kit was confused, too.
Here's their 1st day...
Ready to go!
If you're wondering if the outfit Tatum is wearing looks familiar, it does. It's what she picked out for the 1st day last year only the shirt was a print fabric, but same exact style & same skort. Cross wanted to wear his Easter outfit because he wanted everyone to think he was handsome. Too hot for that one, went for something cooler. He's still super handsome!
Crossing the Catwalk
Round 2 with Mrs. Westfahl. We love her!
My Handsome finding his name tag all by himself.
He wanted to put it on his back, church trained, I guess.
Big girl in a big girl desk.
She had several friends in her class.
Mrs. Hirschler-we are excited about our year with her!
We've heard great things!
1 day down, 181 to go.
She's in love with 1st grade so far!
So, I asked them what they wanted for a special dinner for the 1st day of school & this is what they asked for. Speaks highly of my cooking skills, huh?!
Watch out Pioneer Woman, I'm coming!
Well, my babies are getting bigger I guess I can't change that, but I can enjoy every moment of school with them...Bring on the family projects! (They each have one due on Monday, I'm so excited!)

2 comments:
I had tears in my eye's as I read your blog and looked at the picture's. I remember holding them in the nursery just last year!! Time goes by so fast.
wow i just gotta say congratulations!, you have two beautiful kids, you must be really proud of them. :)
Post a Comment