LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer 2011

I noticed that my last post was Cross's birthday party. Wow, I've been slacking, so I thought I would just do a quick recap of our summer.

At the end of June, Toby went on a mission trip to Haiti. Our group met up with a larger group at the Mission of Hope (about 120 other people that were part of Lead 222). Toby said it was a great experience & even greater to experience with such a large group of like minded people. Mission of Hope is doing wonderful work in Haiti, they are definitely shining their light in a country that seems to be dominated by such a dark, voodoo culture. They've really done a lot. Right now they have 61 orphans at their mission with plans to be able to double it this year. They have done a lot to educate Haitian children at their school, to lead them to Jesus & teach them how to go out & hopefully better their country through business & being a light to others.

Toby in Haiti
Toby with a little boy at a nearby village.
How cute is he, rocking Toby's white shades?!
A couple of the orphans at the Mission orphanage.
Super cute, how can you not melt at those sweet faces?
Sunset over the Mission of Hope
Proof that God's beauty can be seen everywhere,
even in the poorest of places.
While Toby was on his trip, the kids, mom, & I took what has now become our annual trip to Tennessee. Ahhh Tennessee, the land of my birth, what my parents would refer to as God's country, & the home of a lot of my family. We got to see my grandmothers, aunts & uncles, cousins, & my aunt's dog Abbie. The kids love the hotel we stay in, because they have a great pool & great breakfast. Unfortunately I have no pictures this year, I know major FAIL!

We had fun with various friends during our POtW (Park of the Week). We were going to try to visit a different park every week to keep it new & fresh, but there were several meetings that were at the closest sprayground or just didn't happen due to this H-E-double hockey stickish heat we've had.

Our next adventure was our first "major" family vacation. How was it, you ask? Well you'll have to read the up coming entries to find out.

No comments: