Most industries have continued education for those that have embarked on a career in their area. For example, as a Clinique consultant I would attend seminars to educate me on the product & selling techniques, Toby attends conferences on youth ministry, those in direct sales attend conferences for motivation, and I could go on & on. This being said, why wouldn't you have a conference to better you for one of the most important jobs there is... being a Mommy.
So back in November after having a very very long weekend, I had a lightbulb moment. Why don't I attend a "Mommy Conference"? I told the idea to several of my friends who were all game for

The date was set for March 17th -19th
destination
Dallas.

So what do you do at a "Mommy Conference", you ask. Mostly just a good break from hearing our name over & over (I believe it's the most beautiful name ever, but let's get real after hearing the same song non stop for hours, days on end you need a break!) & some good ole' girl time. This conference contained lots of therapy such as;
Food therapy.
We ate where & what we wanted--with no guilt!

Retail Therapy.
Yep--until we dropped!

And emotional therapy. What girl time would be good without heartfelt talks with a good cry here & there?
It was great fun & even though I was exhausted from staying up way late, I came back refreshed. I was ready to see my man & hug all over my kids.
This "Mommy Conference" was definitely worth the $$$
&
Friendships were strengthened!
Thanks girls for a wonderful time!

3 comments:
when's the daddy conference?
i think daddy conference happens almost everyday, toby. it's called your job...but thanks for sharing nannon. she was a blast!
haha! This post made me realize i should have gotten the photos to you sooner so you didn't have to use the cheesy clipart. But A for effort. And A+ for creating the mommy's conference.
Post a Comment