LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The goal: 26.2 miles

Last year I had a goal to run a 5k every month. Well, I didn't quite accomplish that, but it wasn't from a lack of trying. I'm going to continue running 5ks this year but that's not the only run I will be doing. Tatum decided that she wants to be a part of the Memorial Kids Marathon this year. How that works is that the kids run 25 miles in the months prior to the run & the day of the Memorial Marathon they run the final 1.2. I will be running with her, of course. We have a page to keep track of what she runs & today we started. 4 laps around the walking track behind her school, & mile #1 was completed. I was pretty impressed with how well she did, too.
I'll keep everyone up to speed on her progress & will have a picture of her with her medal after the final mile.
(Hopefully this will help me get a little more motivated to do something!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

way to go tatum....she's getting a headstart on her fitness cause she heard it somewhere that her dad said if his kids ever got fat, he'd make them run the neighborhood, while he followed behind...in the CAR! words scar, toby!