LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Donuts for Dad

Today was Cross's Donuts for Dads.
(the above picture is courtesy of Ms. Keleigh, Cross's teacher. Toby forgot ours.)
Anyway, Cross has been really excited about this day. He informed me that I was not invited because it was just for Dads & I was a Mommy. Both my children like to have one on one time with each one of their parents & when you through in donuts or pastries of any kind, you've scored!
Cross had presents for Toby, a bead keychain in none other than orange & black beads & a hand painted by Cross badge that says #1 Dad (BTW, Toby told me that he would never wear anything like that, but you will notice that he did today!) Cross also did a card for Toby with his Daddy Facts. They are as follows:
What is your daddy's name? Daddy (duh!)
How old is your daddy? 5 years old
(uh oh, I could be in trouble, although, Toby does act like a little kid sometimes. I could see where that would be confusing.)
What does your daddy do? He plays with us (very true!)
What is your daddy's favorite color? Orange (anyone surprised with that one?)
What is your daddy's favorite food? Steak (not sure if this is #1, but close I'm sure.)
What is your daddy's favorite movie? Star Wars (most likely Episode 1, movie 4...it was our first date, so it better be his favorite!)
Where do you go for fun with daddy? The Science Museum (fun for the kids, not so much for Tob, he's a trooper though.)
What do you want to say to your daddy? Thank you for playing pillow fight with me. ( I think we've had 2 maybe 3, but evidently they made an impression.)

It makes my heart smile to see Toby with both our kids. He's such a good daddy. They love him so much, as do I. I've been blessed so much by him being in my life & getting to see him love our children.
He deserves so much for the person, husband, & father that he is. I guess in a child's eyes a donut is the perfect reward!


Toby & his Mini-Me
The two most handsome guys I know!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

so cute. i love Cross' responses.

Anonymous said...

Sweet to the sweet that's for sure. They make an ideal pair. You two are such a great example of parents. You are tops in my book.
Love ya'
GiGi