LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthday Weekend Celebration

I just turned 37 (I'm not ashamed to admit it). Tatum said Brian Grider told her today that her mom was getting old, but she said, "Mommy how can you be old with a 5 & a 3 year old?" So funny! Just to add, I don't feel old at all.

Here's a glimpse of my BWC.
Friday my family came over for dinner. My mom made one of my favorites, spaghetti pie, salad, bread, green stuff (jell-o dish with a real name, but it escapes me right now), & apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yumm-O! Toby & the kids decorated the house with a luau theme. Everyone got to wear a lei & I got a grass skirt. On Saturday, the kids & Tob made me breakfast consisting of my favs, pancakes, eggs over medium & bacon. Let me tell you, it was better than IHOP. That night Toby had set up babysitting so he could take me to one of our favorite places, the Melting Pot. Can you say double Yumm-O?! After dinner, we went to the movie, "Life as We Know It". (Totally a rental, but getting to watch a movie without numerous interruptions was nice.) On Sunday, the finale, dessert with Toby's side of the family. Turtle Cheesecake, another one of my favs. All in all, I had a fabulous weekend.

Oh yeah, as if all that wasn't enough I did receive some pretty fab gifts. $$ (always great), G.C.'s to a cute little boutique here in town, a side table (not Blue's friend), some great lotions from B&BWs, & a beautiful ring from my Man, as well as many wonderful birthday wishes. The icing on the cake (Ha Ha), was Tatum scoring her first goal in soccer. That was priceless!


The decorations
Toby & me at the Melting Pot
(total high school pic I know)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm so digging the brown hair! I'm glad your birthday was very special. You deserve it.