LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Sports" Mom

Okay, so I didn't think it would happen this soon, me being an on the go "sports mom". I always figured that I would have one child involved in some sport, but both of them at the same time starting at 3 & 5. I know, I know, it's my fault since I'm the one that signed them up, but wow are we busy. Cross is currently playing indoor t-ball. This is quite a cute & hilarious event. No score is kept & every child gets to hit & continue running the bases whether they get out or not. Cross gets so excited when he gets the ball, & of course he always hits a homerun. His team is Yukon Orange or The Cheetahs (that's Cross's idea). He is having a blast.

Here's Cross waiting to play.
"Put me in, Coach!"

Daddy is coach. Here we are hitting the ball.
Cross wants to be called Speedy, like Tatum was when she played T-ball.
Here he is earning his nickname.
Okay, so Tatum is playing soccer. I always said that my kids wouldn't play soccer. I guess it's true what they say, Never say never. She actually asked to play, without anyone putting the idea into her head. Her team is the Lightning Bolts & since they are an all girl team, they get to wear pink (this was very exciting, since they had to be a gender neutral color in t-ball). KB Hilburn is the coach of this little East meets West team (I say this because there are 3 little blonde haired girls & 3 little girls of middle eastern desent). This has turned out to be quite cute, too. We aren't very good & every team that we've played so far has beaten us by a lot, but we're striving to get better with every game. She's having fun & I have to say she looks super cute!

Tatum kicking in the ball after it went out of bounds. (This happens a lot!)
Here's our little team.
Yes, Tatum is one of the smallest.
Isn't she such a cute soccer player.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love that you said, "no child of mine will ever play soccer." and Cross had a soccer birthday party and Tatum is playing it. BTW, thanks for coming to all my soccer games in high school. looking back, that was a really cool thing.