Every little girl wants to be a cheerleader, well at least most. I don't think I was one that really wanted to be, but Tatum wanted to give it a try. Every year the Yukon Pom Pon & Cheerleading Squads put on a spirit clinic as a fundraiser. We signed up. She went to the high school Mon, Tues, & Thurs nights to learn her dance & cheers so she could perform at half time of Friday night's game. (Side note: Someone really needs to show them how to organize this a little better, I have some ideas if they are interested!) They learned a dance (too hard for Kindergartners to learn in 3 days), 2 cheers (the K's couldn't get the arm motions down because they were too fast), & a few chants (these were a little more doable). I couldn't even find her in the crowd when she was on the field, so I really don't know how she did (I'm pretty sure she was the cutest, though). All in all, it was quite a frustrating thing for me, but she said she had a blast & that's all that matters.
Pom Pon in hand, ribbon adorned with her name & bedazzled in hair, & in her interpretation of a cheerleader's pose.
(Cute, isn't she!)

Proud Mama! Notice the button I'm sporting.

Tatum & her pal Jacy
friends since preschool days at Yukon Kids First

Tatum & her pal Lexi
another friend from YKF.

Can you see her?
(6th from left side)

The end of the dance.

3 comments:
Awww so cute!!!
I prefer the soccer Tatum. Just sayin. But she's a cute cheerleader, too.
My friend's daughter (1st grade) participated in this as well, and shared your frustration...there needs to be a better system all around! Mass confusion, too many things to learn (she said 6 cheers AND a dance?) and very frustrating not to be able to find your kid on the field when they are performing. Glad Tatum had fun though!
Post a Comment