We just finished the first full week of school. Tatum was picked to do something very exciting this week. When I picked her up from school on Monday, she told me that she was asked to be the teacher's helper for the week. Remember when that was so fun, to be at the teacher's beck & call? Anyway, some of her jobs included checking to see what the weather was like (not a hard one seeing as we had just walked to school so we were out in the weather), walking down to the office (all by herself) to turn in the attendance sheet, being the caboose of the line so she could turn off the light & close the door behind them, & I'm sure whatever else she was capable of doing that Mrs. Sullivan needed. She even got to where a hat (or crown) that said I am the helper of which she would bring home at the end of her duty, or reign.
I was excited for her & using all the enthusiasm I could muster gleefully said, "Tatum, that's awesome. Mrs. Sullivan must have noticed how you came up to school with me to help Mrs. Westfahl & thought that you were responsible enough to handle the job." I mean isn't that what any child would want to hear & believe? Tatum responded, "No Mommy, I think I was the only one that had a last name that started with the letter A, so I just got to go first."
Oh well, so much for trying to boost her self esteem.
Here we are with our crown.

No comments:
Post a Comment