Mmmmm, Snow Cones! Don't you just love them?
I have all types of memories of the cool, sugary treats.
One of my first & probably best is snow cones from my Snoopy Sno Cone Machine. My brother & I got one for Christmas (I think). Remember the little bottles it had for the syrup & how hard it was to grind the ice cubes that you put in the top of his dog house? But, oh the reward!
Next, I have fond memories of a snow cone stand that my parents would take my brother & me to in Memphis. It wasn't like this place was famous or anything, it was just the place we would go. If I remember correctly, my brother & I would always get the rainbow snow cone. It was so cool to see the colors bleed into each other, so pretty!
And of course, what stroll down snow cone memory lane would be complete without the mentioning of Falls Creek. Those trips to the snow cone stand after the evening service, so many flavors to choose from & the endless supply of souvenir cups you had at the end of the week. What a great memory!
Well, I really don't think the summer would be done justice without a snow cone. We take the kids every now & then to get a yummy dose of high fructose corn syrup topped with a gummy bear/worm at least once during the season. The added bonus is the vibrant color that our tongues have when we're done.
Thank you to whoever thought of the snow cone!

Tatum's garnish of choice is the sour gummy worm.

Cross likes the Spiderman with a few Gummy Bears sprinkled on the top.

No comments:
Post a Comment