I love the 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays. Of course, I enjoy the bbqs & the firework displays (shooting them myself isn't my thing), but I really like what we are celebrating. I get choked up every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner sung & love seeing houses dawning the Stars & Stripes. I want my children to understand what we are actually celebrating & honoring (I know this will come with time), that there have been many people who have fought for this nation including their great-grandfathers, one army, one air force, & one navy, & many other family members who have served proudly & honorably.
We are so blessed to live in a country where we are free. America is truly the greatest nation in the world, & should have a great celebration for it's birthday & everyone that knows me, knows I like a birthday celebration!
Here's our 4th of July celebration...
The Red,
White,
& Blue
BOOM!
At the park, Toby & I ready to see the show.
(In this pic, the part of Shannon is actually played by Shannon this time & not Chandler Bing)
The way Cross enjoyed the show. He was protecting himself from the loud noise, by covering his one eye.
Tatum in a "WOW" moment.
I love seeing the wonder & amazement in their faces.
Happy Birthday & God Bless America!

No comments:
Post a Comment