LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A new ride

Toby & I have been talking about getting a new car for a while now. Our Mazda is now 11 years old, has 145k+ miles, & it only seats 5, so we are unable to take other people along for the ride. This all being said, we were pretty convinced that it was time to make the purchase. The only downer to this was that we were going to have to take on a car payment (shhh, don't tell Dave Ramsey). We got confirmation, I guess you can call it that, a week ago when Toby, Cross, & I were in a car accident. We were rear-ended as we were waiting to turn left across traffic. Everyone is okay, that is everyone but our Mazda.


We are now waiting on the adjuster to look it over & hoping that it is totaled, but who knows. I do know that I wouldn't purchase this car after I looked at the Car Fax-this is the 3rd time it has been hit in the rear. There must be a big red target that randomly pops up.

I guess you can call that the go ahead for a new vehicle. Toby spent hours looking online for a deal. I really wanted a minivan. Yes, I always said that I wouldn't be that parent, but wow the convenience. Anyway, Toby of course didn't want one because they just aren't "cool". Well guess who won? Yep, Toby did. He found a great deal on a Honda Pilot (seats 8) that I couldn't argue with.
Here's the Anderson's new ride, a 2005 Honda Pilot. It has leather seats, a moon roof, & some shiney pimpin' wheels. We are rollin' in style!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's no swagger wagon, but it'll work. No, actually it's really nice!