As quickly as the first day of Pre-K came, the last day came. Tatum & I had so much fun this year. Yes, I did mean to include myself in that last sentence! Tatum had such a great teacher & teacher aide, as well as a senior girl who came to help out once or twice a week. It's awesome to see a teacher that loves what she does, & Mrs. Westfahl truly does. I know you might be thinking it's just pre-k, how much teaching goes into that, but there is a lot. Tatum learned so much from, the Pledge of Allegiance to facts about penguins. I was amazed at how much she came away with. I had the privilege of being one of Mrs. Westfahl's helping hands & loved every minute of it. I'd have to say that it was one of the highlights of my week every week. So now it's over & we are preparing for Kindergarten. I'm sure that next year will be enjoyable, but the bar has been set really high!
Here Tatum has her summer packet full of activity ideas for the summer as well as a reading list. It also contained some awards...a citizenship award, a reading award, completion of course study certificate, pre-K diploma, & the very important report card. Yes it says she is ready for the next level!
Mrs. Westfahl also had little portfolios put together for each of them with artwork done through out the year, samples of their writing, & pictures of different things they did. I love it!
This is Miss Janine. She was the senior that helped with their class. Tatum always loved doing things with her.
This is Mrs. Jenkins, the teacher's aide. She was invaluable! Can you imagine having 20 4&5 year olds all by yourself? I don't even want to think about that.
This is our Mrs. Westfahl. Doesn't she look like she is so much fun?! We loved her, the whole family. She made Tatum feel so special & made learning even more fun for her. Cross loved going to her class & giving her some cuddles. I can't wait for him to have her in 2 years.
Thank you Mrs. Westfahl & Mrs. Jenkins for pouring into my precious baby's life. You will definitely be remembered!
Okay, I'm going to quit blogging about this now, before I start bawling like I almost did on the last day of school.

No comments:
Post a Comment