Well, it wouldn't be fair of me to share Tatum's artwork (earlier post) & not share some of Cross's. Let me set the scene for you. It was a busy Monday night, I had just gotten dinner going in the Crock Pot & was finishing getting Tatum ready for gymnastics. Toby was in the living room talking to us & Cross was in the back. I really didn't think much about his silence because he has gotten to the place in his life where he likes a little privacy to do his business, you know #2. So, while I was getting Tatum's ponytail up, Cross comes in talking in phrases. I caught, "Mommy, I spilled", "sister's room", & "I don't want a spankin'!"(the whole time he has both of his little hands covering his little bottom). I of course got up, & he preceded to take me back to Tatum's room to show me what he had been up to. No he hadn't been pooping, he'd been painting. There were red spots all over her carpet with a few other colors thrown in for some contrast. It could have been mistaken for a crime scene. My eyes open wide & all I could do is say CROSSSSS! Toby enters & gives him what he had requested not to get... a spanking.
Funny how my kids are so open with there wrong doings. Tatum just blatantly vandalizes with her name as her TAG & Cross announces it & then takes you to the scene of the crime. Maybe he is already embracing honesty is the best policy, or maybe he is just wanting to get it over with, I don't know. I do know, that like his sister, he most likely won't do this again!
Cross's artwork
Thank goodness for washable paint! It's not all out, but doesn't look near this bad.

1 comment:
I think your children got a lot of their great grandfather's artistic ability. I love it
Post a Comment