LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

God's Princesses

Today at church we had a very special event. It was the first Mother/Daughter Princess Tea Party. The children's ministry put together a tea party for all of our little princesses from toddlers to 5th grade. The goal was to of course, have some mother daughter fun, but also to stress to our little lovlies that they are a princess, God's princess. Miss Amy (our children's minister) read a story to emphasize what God's view of a princess is, which is much different than what we think. We had a real fun time wearing our princess dresses (yes even I wore one) & tiaras, eating our tea party food on fancy dishes, & giggling like little girls do. If you know Tatum, you'd know this is right up her alley. She loves to wear fancy dresses & shoes & anything princess is the best, especially if you throw in some pink! I joined in the fun by wearing an old bridesmaid dress that I had (It fit a little different since I wore it pryor to having & nursing kids). Tatum was very pleased to see that mommy had a princess dress, too!

It was great to spend this special time with my little princess!


Princess Tatum
Two of God's princesses
Self taken pic--always have to have one!
Princess Tatum with her cousin Princess Brilyn
this time with cousin Princess Peighton.
Go ahead & laugh, but Liz, Kasha, & I get the award for mom participation!
It's like a BAD prom pic!

2 comments:

Micah and Sunny said...

That is awesome...you guys rocked the princess dresses :)

Grammy/Mom said...

This was one event that was definitely worth all the time and work put into it. Thank you for dressing like a princess too. My 3 princesses were the prettiest and best.