This was the second year that Tatum & Toby got to attend Yukon's Daddy/Daughter Dance. The dance was scheduled for January 30th & because of the weather we weren't sure if it was going to happen. Thank the Lord the roads were clear enough to let the event still happen. Tatum & Toby had a great date planned, start off with the dance & end with Orange Leaf (frozen yogurt place that has quickly become one of my kid's favorite treats). Tatum told me a few days before the dance that there would be a dance contest & the couple with the best dance would win a prize. Never in a million years did I even think that she would dance in front of people, I mean the child barely will say hello to people that greet her first. Well, I was surprised because they won second in the Twist & Shout contest. Toby said it would have been first, but how could they beat the grandpa that was around when the dance was invented. I was proud of the fact that she even did it. So, Tatum has sung her first solo in big church & won second in a dance contest. Could I have a little performer on my hands, you think? Maybe so. Anyway, they had a great time. I'm so happy that our community does stuff like this & that my husband sees value in participating in it. She's a huge daddy's girl & I'm proud that she has such a wonderful daddy to show her how she should be treated. She deserves no less!
A dance with Cinderella.
My brother came with my niece, Brilyn.
Girls just wanna have fun.
The second place dance. Look at Toby get down!
Sorry, I don't have any pictures to go with this, but Cross & I had a date ourselves. I let him choose & would you believe he chose McDonald's? Grampy & Grammy met us there, because Cross thought it would be sad that there wouldn't be anyone else at our date (Toby & I have already decided that our kids will only be allowed to group date, so I guess he thought that even included the dates with Mommy). After we ate our burger cheeses & fries & played a little on the play place we met Toby & Tatum at Orange Leaf.
It was a great night with our kiddos, & I'm looking forward to more!

No comments:
Post a Comment