LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

No other name is as beautiful as T-A-T-U-M

Could there be any prettier name than Tatum? Well, I really don't think so & neither does my daughter. Tatum is 5 now (view previous post about her birthday). In those 5 years, she has learned many things. She has been able to spell her name since she could talk thanks to her name fitting perfectly into the song B-I-N-G-O & she has been able to recognize her name & the individual letters that make up her name since she was about 2, that I attribute to her name being hung in bright red letters above her changing table. The last year & a half has been the learning to write her name. She started this process at 3 while in preschool & now halfway through her pre-K year she has gotten quite proficient at it. She loves to write it, & it's so cute to see her labeling her little worksheets from school her self. Her artwork always bears her name & if you ever receive any type of card from our family, most likely she will be the one to pen the T-A-T-U-M (& now she writes Cross's as well). Definitely, this "write" of passage is one to cherish & Tatum has made sure that it will forever be seen. You see, the other day as she was so innocently watching her shows in our bedroom & drawing she decided to pen her name on my bedside lamp. When I discovered it later that night, I could do nothing but giggle about it because it was just so cute how she didn't care if she got caught. I mean, who other than the proud bearer of such a beautiful name would have done this act? I did talk with her about not writing on furniture & quickly threw in walls, doors, clothes, books, etc. just to cover my bases (she does tend to be a literal child).
I love the name that Toby & I picked for our beautiful little girl & now I get to see it every night, because I'm not getting rid of my lamp!

On yeah, since this I have found other sketches of hers where they shouldn't have been. And since the lamp was her warning & she didn't heed that warning, she did have to deal with the consequences. I think her autographing the furniture days are over!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

She is a brave little girl to write her name where it could be seen. Much braver than her mother who "painted" on the wall with finger nail polish in a very bright dark pink in a not so readily seen spot.

Amber said...

really funny!!