You know you always hear these stories of children coming up to their parents saying, "I found him & he followed me home. May I keep him?" I myself have a story of a puppy that was rescued & ended up becoming a part of the family even though my parents didn't want it to. Well, today Toby called me with his own little find... a lorikeet. If you don't know what a lorikeet is, it is a brightly colored bird that would look similar to a small parrot/macaw. They are beautiful birds, bright green, blue, red, orange, & yellow. The OKC Zoo used to have a really cool lorikeet exhibit, where you could go in & they would fly around, land on you, & you could even feed them this sweet nectar stuff.
So Toby has this bird. What's he going to do with it. We really didn't think that Sutton would appreciate another roommate, he's still getting used to the other two we brought into the family (Tatum & Cross). We agreed that the bird would do great at his office, brighten it up a bit & add a dash of color to the woodgrain walls. The jury is still out on a name. We all seem to like Charlie, but are waiting to see if an even better one pops up.
Any thoughts?
Toby getting a little sugar from Charlie or is Charlie the "Human Whisperer"?
Charlie likes to crawl up Lane's pant leg.
Cross wasn't so sure what to think of Charlie.
Tatum giving Charlie a little refreshment.
Oh yeah I need to add that this bird has become quite taken with it's rescuer. It didn't really want to have much to do with anyone else & I really think that Toby likes it that way!

No comments:
Post a Comment