LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Family Project #2- The Quilt Square

We just completed family project #2 for the Pre-K year. (If you missed #1, it was the "sense"-sational kid a few posts back) Anyway, this one was an outline of a quilt square that they were supposed decorate with things they were thankful for & then each student's quilt square would be pieced together to make one big class quilt. I was so excited to get to do another project.
I'll try to explain what we began with, so you can see how far we (I mean I) took it. The square was divided into several triangles with a smaller square in the middle. The triangles weren't that big, so we (I mean I) didn't have a lot of room to work with. We (I mean I) took different color paper & made triangles to fit on the other triangles to add a color background for each picture & also to give it an authentic quilty look. We ( I mean I) took & cropped several pictures as well as cutting out several pictures from various paper ads. I think our (I mean my) Thankful Quilt Square turned out awesome!

If you can't tell what all of the pictures are I'll list them:
Friends (classmates), McDonalds, Church, IceCream,
Pizza, Grandparents, Momm/Daddy/Cross,Marshmallows
Candy (M&M's), Cousins, Sutton, Teachers

Okay so after the project I felt horrible because I felt like I did everything & that she absolutely didn't have any part of it. But rest assured, she did do some of it, the part that was the heart of it all. Tatum sat down with me & told me herself all the things she was thankful for, she told me exactly what to take pictures of , & found the pictures in the newpapaer for me to cut out. So the decorative layout was my doing, but the best part was her's.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

you're totally loving school more than Tatum! Cute posts.

Marsha Decker said...

Shannon I used to do the same things for Maggie so I get it...because of all her elementary education classes she's doing crafty things of her own all the time...I even told her the other day, "I had no idea you were so crafty!" and her response was "I didn't have to be then, I had you to do it all"...haha...it's such fun, so enjoy all these times....p.s. I LOVE your blog so keep it up!