LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Toby, I'm sorry!

For those of you who read this blog, I'm sorry there aren't any pictures to go with this entry.  This is just a hilarious story about my precious boy.  Ok here it goes...

  Toby is constantly losing things, & I'm constantly telling him if he would put things in their proper place (wallet, keys, phone, etc.) he would know where they were when he needed them.  The remote control fits into the many things that he tends to misplace, so naturally last night when he couldn't find the remote I blamed him.  In all honesty, I knew I couldn't have lost it because when he's around I have no control of the remote (I know this is normal ladies).  Anyway, we really need the remote so we can enjoy the convenience of our DVR, which BTW is one of the coolest inventions EVER!  So we began looking for it!  We were looking everywhere, under the couch cushions, the refrigerator, other rooms.  We even went into Tatum's room while she was sleeping several times to try to find it ( I know we're awful).  As we were looking, we would periodically ask Cross where the remote was.  He would answer us every time a different place & it would not be there.  I kept telling Toby that he needed to be more responsible.  Needless to say, we did not find the remote last night.

This morning, asked Cross again & still he would respond with a random place, that did not end up producing the lost treasure.  We enjoyed our day as a family at the zoo, & I recall asking him at least 3 times where the remote was & he began to respond with a very emphatic I DON'T KNOW!  I just continued to joke with Toby about it with little jabs (all in jest, I assure you).

Fast Forward to dinner, we are standing around finishing up our food & I again asked Cross, where is the remote.  This time he said in my Golf Bof (this is his little tikes golf bag).  While Toby was getting the Golf Bof, I said okay Cross that would be funny if that's where it was.  Well, guess what Toby found?  You got it, the remote.  I busted out laughing.  That little rascal knew all along, & I'm sure found it quite funny to watch his parents frantically looking for it like they were needing it for some sort of drug fix.  

So, that's my funny story.  I leave you with 2 things:

1. My son is very ornery, which he doesn't get from me (at least I don't think he does).

2.  I'm truly sorry to my husband for blaming him & will try not to do it again.  ( I'm going to try really hard, I promise!)

2 comments:

Nina Broadway said...

I'm thinking he got it from Toby cuz you still have all yours :-)

Anonymous said...

this story is so cute...having two grown boys, I understand the oneryness....I also understand that as wives and mothers we have to accept the fact that we will be paying for our spouses misbehaving when he was a child...it just runs in the genes...and I know that it couldn't be from either of us, as we were angels as children....it's a burden but one you must accept!...love to you guys - M Decker