LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

White Water Bay

On Monday the kids & I met Toby at White Water Bay.  This was the first time I had been to WWB since I wasn't concerned about what I looked like in a swim suit.  Until now, I had successfuly convinced Tatum that White Water was not a fun place, however, she has friends that have told her otherwise.  I bit the bullet for the sake of my kids, the whole time hoping that they would enjoy this experience.  For those of you who don't know, my children love to play in the bath but don't really enjoy water being poured or splashed on their faces.  They like to play in the little blow up pool in the yard, but don't really like the sprinkler.  A big pool usually proves to be us just holding them & not much playing.  Tatum had just finished 2 weeks of swimming lessons, but she generally doesn't do for us what she will do for others (for example eating veggies that I've tried to get her to eat 1000 times), so I was a little apprehensive but wanted to "test the water".
Well boy was I surprised!  They went right to it, sliding down the slides into & under the water, letting the spraying water hit them in the face, & even standing under the water fall.  Tatum loved the Lazy River & begged to keep doing it.  She loved just swimming around in the wave pool.  Cross, too.  They both just floated around, loving every minute of it.
Who are these kids?

Here are some pics.  Excuse the quality, they were taken from my phone.  
And I'm definitely not in any of these pictures!

Cross about to slide down the Whale.  "Mommy, 'atch"
Tatum taking the plunge, on her tummy!
Cross & Tatum under the waterfall.
The reaction when I said it was time to go home.

I have to admit White Water was a better experience with my own children.  Tatum wants us to get passes next year.  I guess that's my incentive to work out more!

1 comment:

Dusty and Dionne said...

I've never seen a child so upset to leave White Water. I always cried when we were going to WW.