LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rock Stars

This week was Rock Star week at gymnastics.  The coaches decorated the gym with all kinds of rock stuff: guitars, music notes, etc. & the gymnasts were supposed to come dressed as the rock stars.  Monday night was Tatum's class & she was the only girl that dressed up.  I wasn't about to dress her like today's girl rock stars. (we prefer for her to wear clothes that cover her body)  I don't know enough about Hannah Montanna's wardrobe to probably have gotten it right, so I went back to what I know-- the late 80's/early 90's.  She had a cutoff denim skirt with leggings & a rhinestone "My Dad Rocks" t-shirt, tall black boots, & hot pink hair with a side ponytail.  The look wouldn't have been complete without a microphone & a great pair of shades.
Take a look...

She would not take the microphone away from her mouth.
Tuesday night was Cross's turn to sport the rock star look at the gym.  I was at a little bit of a loss for this one as well, so again I did what I could.  We decided to go with a punker/grunge combo.  He was quite cooperative with what his mommy made him do & really played into the part well.  For Cross's rock stylings we cut off sleeves to a white t-shirt & paired it with a pair of grey sweat shorts (this was more for comfort while flipping & jumping), we added his black Chucks & fixed his hair with a red faux hawk.  The finishing touch was an armband tattoo for a little "rough around the edges" effect. (BTW, the tattoo is a transformer autobot tattoo, it was the best I could find).
Take a look at Cross's rendition of a Rock Star...

Isaiah is Third Day, Cross is Green Day
Cool Dudes!

No comments: