LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Teach a man to fish...

Everyone has heard the saying, give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime.  Well that's what Toby set out to do, teach our kids to fish.  They both got fishing poles for Easter, Disney Princess for Tatum & Spiderman for Cross.  Last night we headed out to a friend's pond to try out the new fishing gear.

Okay so I have to begin with this, I don't like to fish.  I think it's boring & I'm not a fan of fighting off bugs or watching out for snakes that I know want to ambush me.  If I need to eat for a lifetime, I'll find other ways, believe me! (I don't like to eat fish, anyway).  Normally I wouldn't go & would just leave this event up to Toby, but I wasn't about to miss them catching their first fish, so I bit the bullet & went.
The evening started out slow, but once we got to the right pond the kids started catching little perch.  In fact, Tatum caught several before I figured out how to work the pole.   Cross caught his fish & then headed to the car, he wasn't quite into it like his daddy & sister were.

Overall, the evening was a success.  The kids caught their first fish, & I was there to see it.  From now on I can stay home!

Chillaxin on the doc.
Tatum's first fish
Cross's first fish
This is where Cross spent a lot of the time.

1 comment:

Nina Broadway said...

This reminds me of the time your grandaddy took Aunt Rita and me fishing. We caught lots and lots of little perch. Grandaddy put every single fish in a big wash tub of water and we took them home. We didn't find out til years later that after we went inside, he took that tub of fish back to the pond and released them, then went to the store and bought shrimp for Grandmama to fix for us. Cross will eventually get the hang of it, just like Tatum.