LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Going to the Show

Tatum had her first experience at the theatre recently.  She and I went to see the traveling Broadway production of Disney's The Lion King.  She was so excited.  I had the tickets for about a month, but didn't tell her.  I wanted it to be a surprise, but mostly it was because I didn't want her to bug me everyday asking if it was time to go see it.  I told her the night of her last day of school.  The look on her face was almost as priceless as the look she had on her face when the show started.  
She was so good!  She sat there in amazement pretty much the whole time.  We got to sit in the same box as one of the percussionists, that alone was pretty amazing.  This was my second time to see the Lion King and I thought it was just as good the second time.  It was so fun getting to experience this with my daughter.  I'm hoping Broadway theatre is something she will always enjoy.

BTW, Tatum and I agree that the opening scene is the very best part.  I highly recommend this show to everyone!

Patiently awaiting the start of the show.
(I got in trouble for taking this picture.)

No comments: