LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cross's Corner

It appears that most of my blog entries are about the two kids or just Tatum, so I thought that Cross needed one just devoted to him.  So here it goes...

 I will always treasure this about him, I'm talking about Cross's Corner.
    To be true to Cross, the phonetic pronunciation would be  Kor-nuh, from the New York City dialect.  Anyway, this is his attachment, what seems to help him calm down (usually for sleep).  Tatum was a blankie baby, with a special fondness for her "dog-dog" gankie.  Cross, too, likes his blankies, but he loves one special part, the corner.  He has to have the corner in his mouth & if it falls out he'll say, "Where'd my kor-nuh go?".  In the morning or after his nap he might even walk around the house with the corner in his mouth, dragging the blankie behind him.  It's sooooo cute, well at least I think so.

Recently, a friend of mine emailed me about a children's book that talked about our children's lasts.  The author wrote about how we take careful pangs to record our children's firsts, but we never seem to remember their lasts, for example the last time they call you Mommy, the last time you cradle them in your arms as they sleep, or maybe the last time they need their blankie.  Of course, I was tearing up because this is so true!  There are so many of Tatum's lasts that I don't remember, I just know that those things don't happen anymore.  I'm sure the same will be true for Cross, since you can never know that the last time is the last time. I do know that I want to remember the sweet little things that no one else would probably care about or even see, like Cross's Corner.

He's my sweet little Man, who stole my heart the moment I saw him & continues to do so everyday!


2 comments:

Micah and Sunny said...

Ahhh...I love this post. How sweet, little Cross boy. Love love love the pic too!

Anonymous said...

It is so cute when he gets his blanket and runs it through his hands until he finds his corner! I love little querks like this. So fun and such a cute memory!! I love you Crossy!

Aunt Micah