LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Shout Out to the Grandmas

Doesn't everyone love a grandma.  These are amazing women.  They serve so many purposes, the most important is loving & spoiling, but they are babysitters, swing pushers, game players, book readers, treat givers, & basically anything else their grandkids want them to be.  They do all of this with no complaining & a smile on their faces.

Well, I have one for the books.  Today was enrollment day for Pre-K (yes Tatum is going to school next year) & there are only 40 spots at each school.  I had heard these crazy stories of people camping out in line for these coveted spots & was hoping that it wasn't true.  I found out today, however, to my dismay that it was.  At 9:30 this morning there were people starting to form a line in front of Parkland Elementary for enrollment that started at 5:00 p.m.  Fortunately I had talked to my mom about this possibility & she was on standby to go wait so I didn't have to have both kiddos up there with me.   My dad went to hold the spot until my mom could get there from work (thanks Dad/Grampy).  My mom got there quickly.  I packed her a lunch with a cranberry iced tea from Sonic & she sat there for 5 hours.  No I'm not kidding, 5 hours in the humidity & partial sun.  What's better is that there were 3 grandmas in a row holding spots for their cherished grandchildren all in the name of early childhood education.  What troopers & more importantly what love.

So for all of you reading this how about a "shout out" to all the grandmas, grammies, nanas, mimis, etc out there.    HOLLA!

Oh yeah, a special Hip Hip Hooray for the grampies/grandpas out there that go above & beyond, too.

Thank you & we love you!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. I thought public education was open to all? I'm already stressing about this. but yes, grandmas rule.