Thursday, Tatum's school did a walk-a-thon to raise money. Last year they raised enough money to get a new swing set for the playground. The goal was $5000. Even though we didn't really do any raising of the money, Tatum wanted to go and walk anyway. The goal was to walk one lap at Kimbell Park per year old you were. So Tatum had to do 4 laps. On top of walking the laps, they had to walk to the park and back when they were done.
Cross & I went to help with the kids and to support Tatum. We walked as well... one lap for every year old Tatum was. The class would walk a lap and then take a break like a snack break, a playground break, or a bubble break. I was really proud of Tatum, she walked her first three laps and when I started to look for her on her fourth I noticed she was running. She ran the whole fourth lap. She had a blast, and that's always worth it for me!
And the walk begins.
Snack break. Mmmm cupcakes, cheese sticks, & apples.
Little rest under a tree.
Isn't this sweet. Tatum with her friends Jacy & Hannah, hand in hand. Now that's support!
Do bubbles ever really get old?

No comments:
Post a Comment