Day two of our mini-vaca was spent at the Houston zoo. I don't know what it is about me and the zoo, but I tend to only pick the days that elementary students are there on a field trip and the Houston zoo proved to be no different. There were tons of kids there, and just like the OKC students, none of them had manners.
Toby had to visit with a guy about student ministry stuff so he couldn't join us physically, but I'd like to say that there was a great reminder of my cute hubby because Toby the cutest animal in the world was being featured. Tatum got a good chuckle out of this one. The Houston zoo is smaller than ours, but is still very pretty and quite enjoyable. The kids got to crawl in a tube through an aquarium, crawl in tubes to share some time with the meerkats, ride the carousel (which Cross refers to as the ring-a-round), and see a baby giraffe. Other than the fighting between Nathan and Tatum, I think they really enjoyed themselves (Susan and I, I'm not so sure).
After the zoo, we got a little lost in Houston. For those of you who know Susan, can you believe that after 5 years, she still doesn't know her way around. I have to give it to her, she did eventually figure it out and we got home in time to pick the older boys up.
That night we went to a Bazilian restaurant for dinner. Sunny, you would really like the dessert here---S'mores. You get this tray that actually has a bowl of fire in the middle and is surrounded with all the makings for the delightful treat. The kids were in heaven.
If you go to Houston, I say give the zoo a try. It's a very pretty zoo. I'd just make sure it is not field trip day!
Toby the red panda! Toby shares his name with many an animal.
Cross sitting on the gooses, he thought it was a ride.
Meerkat tubes, pretty neat idea!
Nathan wasn't going to let Tatum ride in the front, but Ha Ha, Nathan, she didn't care!
Mmmm--S'mores. Delicioso!

3 comments:
shannon... if you liked that... there is a restaurant in Edmond that does the same thing... it is called lautenvilles i think... the smores dessert comes with a fire and everything :) very fun!
that's from dionne by the way ;)
looks like you guys had fun in Houston! I can't believe how big Crossie is getting!
Post a Comment