LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese for Natalie's birthday

Chuck E. Cheese, what emotions arise in you when you say or hear this name?  Honestly, I feel anything but happiness & excitement!  It's one of those places that you try hard to avoid as a parent, but you end up there somehow.  The pizza isn't anywhere near the top of the pizza charts (I should know), it's noisy, & the appearance of a large walking mouse tends to send someone into a frenzy (that would be Tatum).  Anyway, we ended up there because Tatum is now at the age of birthday party invites. I don't mind that, since birthdays are a big deal to me, a really big deal!  This time it was Tatum's friend Natalie from church.  Natalie has to be one of the most adorable little girls I have ever seen, & her mom is great (she's Tatum's Sunday school teacher).  Tatum was very excited to get the invite to this bash, so I went with both of my children.  I have to say that going as a single mom is harder, especially when you have a very active toddler, who might I add is not scared of the very large mouse.

We all had fun & yes, I would do it again & again.

Thanks Natalie for inviting us to your fun party & we hope you had a very happy birthday!

Cross's first experience at Chuck E. Cheese, he wasn't scared a bit.  Notice who is not in the photo.
Tatum & her sweet friend Natalie, the birthday girl.  Aren't they so cute together?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm totally there with you...mostly Rick takes the boys with another Dad and his daughter these days...

I'm all for Incredible Pizza...total snobbery I know!