LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Date Night

It's time once again for Yukon's annual Daddy/Daughter Dance. This was Toby & Tatum's 3rd year to attend. Tatum is always so excited for this evening. She gets to wear a dress that meets 2 criteria, #1 Pretty (that's a given) #2 one that spins well & Toby breaks out the suit & tie. (you know it must be an important event for Toby to wear a suit, in fact the last time he wore one for me was I believe our wedding.) So anyway, they went, they danced, they had another great date.
I love that our community offers an event like this one & more than that I love that my little girl has a daddy that takes the time to take her to it.

Here is the princess
She looks so grown up.


She is truly a daddy's girl, 100%!
So you ask, what do you & Cross do during the dance. Well, we have our own Mommy/Son date night. I let him choose where we would go. He chose Chick-fil-a. (Sur-prize, Sur-prize)
He, too, has been excited about this night. In fact, he was afraid that if sister didn't get to go to the dance, he wouldn't get his date night either.

Here's our date picture.
Sorry, it's one of those take it yourself pics. I had to take it several times & finally I just gave up. This is the best I got.
This is part of Cross's dinner. He always gets fruit instead of fries. What is that garnish, you ask? Well, it's strawberry jelly of course. He asked for it & I was going to put it on the side so he could dip & then realize that it didn't go, but no he wanted it drizzled on top. YUM!
This is what we did after dinner, played on the playground.
Cross is giving me one of his cheesy smiles. Ugh!
We met up with Daddy, Tatum, Uncle B, & Brilyn at Orange Leaf.
(It's apparently become tradition)

No comments: