Today I completed my 3rd 5k run for the year, on my way to meeting my goal of one every month. The May run was the Oklahoma River Run & Dog Jog benefitting the group A New Leash on Life, an organization that helps in the training of therapy dogs. I love dogs, so I thought it would be fun to do. Toby ran this one with me to encourage me along. I'm not sure what my chip time is, but the clock said 36:06. So this means I finished in just under 36 minutes. If you've been following my times at all, you know that this isn't an improvement over my other two times. What excuses can I give for this, oh how about it was raining complete with thunder & lightening. The rain began just after we started & my shoes got wetter & wetter. I attribute my lack of a faster speed to the fact that my shoes were heavier due to the water & the rain hitting me in the face & not having a dry shirt to wipe my face with. How's that for a reason? I was happy though, I did come in before the lady pushing her two kids in a stroller, the oldest runner, & the blind guy, however the 2 dogs that were supposed to be in the dog jog portion came in just before I did. My June run will be this coming Saturday night. I'm serious about meeting this goal, guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Woohoo. So proud of you. I think that is a perfectly legitimate excuse for not decreasing your time. Rain would have been a perfectly legitimate excuse for me to just run on home and not even been in the race :)
I totally agree with Sunny. you're doing great
Post a Comment