
On January 27, 2001 there was a tragic plane crash that left a mark on the Cowboy nation. 10 members of the OSU basketball family were killed on their return home from a game in Colorado. I had married into the Cowboy fan base just 7 months prior & remember this night. Other than the fact that my husband is a very proud OSU Alum & serious fan, the only connection I had to this was that I watched Bill Teegins sports casts & I had sold makeup to Nate Fleming's mom at the Clinique counter. (Nate Fleming was one of the players killed) But, I think it was after this tragedy that I started to become a true OSU fan myself. (Don't worry family, I still pull for the Vols but I have lived in Oklahoma for the majority of my life now.)
For the past 4 years, there has been a run to remember those who were killed in the crash. All the money raised goes to help with counseling services at the university. This year Toby & I decided to run the 5k. My goal was just to finish & hopefully not finish last. Well, I ran, I remembered, & I finished. Special little side note, I ran along side Doug Gotleib for a while (he was not having to put forth as much effort as me). Toby finished in just over 28 minutes & I finished just over 35 (sorry for no exact times, our chip times haven't been posted as of now). I actually beat my goal time.
YEA ME!

It is customary at a run, that each participant receives a medal when they finish. Tatum & Cross think that I won for the girls & Toby won for the boys. Shhh, don't tell them any different, we would like to remain heroes for as long as possible.
We Remember the 10, Cowboys Forever!

No comments:
Post a Comment