For those of you that haven't been around my children lately, they have really started the sibling fussing & fighting. It was bound to happen, they are 2 & 1/2 years apart. Just close enough in age to play together, but also far enough apart for one bossy, it has to be my way big sister & one mischievous, I'll do it my self little brother to argue, fuss, fight, & drive their parents crazy in the process. Anyway, on with the sweet part. Every school morning, I get Tatum up at 7:00 to start that journey of getting ready for school. I always turn on the lights one by one on the way to Tatum's room, open the door, crawl onto her bed, & tickle her to wake her up. If Cross hasn't already come into my bedroom, he is usually awake about this time, too. He will wait in his bed & yell for me to come get him. Well this morning proved to be a little different. It started off with me going through the house, turning on the lights one by one, but when I was about to enter the dining room I heard a little voice. Is Tatum already up?( Since she has been in school, I've had to wake her up every morning except for the days we can all sleep in, those she's awake earlier than usual). When I turned the corner, I saw that her lamp was on & Cross's door was open. I got to her room, looked in,& saw Cross sitting on her bed while she was "reading" to him. She told me that Cross was calling for me because he had a bad dream (something that seems to happen more often than not), so she told him to climb into her bed & she would read him a book. I thought, How sweet Tatum wanted to comfort her little brother until Mommy got there & Cross let her.
These are the moments to think on, not the screaming, fighting, tattle-telling, meanness moments that occur a lot of the time. You realize that they really do love each other & can enjoy each other's company, as well as look out for one another.
These are some of the moments I live for!
Sorry no pics this time, just a little sweet story to make you smile!

No comments:
Post a Comment