LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in the New Year, Anderson Style.

New Year's Eve was a little different for us this year. Usually we spend it with some friends, just hanging out & catching up but this time we just stayed home as a family. Grampy came over to watch Tennessee play in their bowl game. That was not a good ending to 2009 for Volunteer fans, but we had a good time anyway. I made a fondue recipe from my new Melting Pot cookbook & my mom sent over some other yummy snacks (Cross loved the pigs in a blanket). We decided to let the kids try to make it to the OKC New Year instead of going to bed while watching some of the earlier celebrations & guess what they made it! We did celebrate the New York countdown with some confetti poppers & the first annual Anderson Dance Party. Toby kept trying to get me dancing on video, but I'm just too quick for that one. I just knew he would try to make some cash at my expense through America's Funniest Home Videos, so I was very aware of where the camera was. We had fun & then it was time for the countdown in OKC. For those of you who don't know, OKC has a ball like NYC (I don't think ours is Waterford Crystal, though) & ours doesn't drop it raises. We have to be different! This time we celebrated with our last party popper & a toast with sparkling juice. Tatum & Cross puckered at this, but later Cross told me he liked his sparkly juice.
Overall, a fun relaxed evening!

From the Anderson family to yours, Happy New Year!
We hope that your 2010 is full of love, peace, & laughter. May God bless you this coming year & may you remember to worship & praise the one that gave you this new year!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love this picture!