November 30th, another year has been marked. It's been 6 years since our precious little boy Kendall went to be with Jesus. Since that time, I have tried really hard to remember this child that God blessed me with knowing for 9 short months. It's really important to me that he be remembered & that Tatum & Cross know about their older brother. So this is how we remember...
Every year on Kendall's birthday we kick off our Christmas season by having a great family day. I know that one day there might be an end to the family part of it, but for now this is what we do. We do our best to pack the day with fun, eating out, a little Christmas shopping, visiting Santa, & ending with the cutting down & decorating of our Christmas tree. The day that marks what has to be one of the saddest days of mine & Toby's life has sparked now 6 days of wonderful family time. We will always remember the gift of Kendall.
Waiting at the Christmas Tree Farm
We found the perfect tree!
Decorated & baring a new Star & multi colored lights.
So pretty & peaceful!

2 comments:
Oh Shannon, I remember this time in your life so well. I hurt so bad for you and Toby and I am still amazed at your strength and faith in God even during your lowest point. Over the years when I thought my world was turning upside down, I have thought back to you and remembered what you had been through. I thought to myself if God can get her through something so terrible, he can surely get me through what I'm dealing with.
I love that you have found a way to celebrate sweet Kendall and turn what was once a sad day into such a fun and exciting one for your family.
Have a very Merry CHRISTmas!
i love your tradition shannon!
Post a Comment