LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pre-K here Tatum comes

August 20th is the first day of school.  For Tatum this means the first day of Pre-Kindergarten.  I guess now this is considered the first year of school, so I'm sure this blog will be followed soon by a tearful first day experience (I'm talking about me not Tatum).  I always loved going to pick out my school supplies & Tatum was no different.  We went to Wal-mart, got her school's list, and off we went.  We managed to get everything 3 stores later & one call to Aunt Micah to get what Yukon didn't have.  Of course, when we got home she had to look at everything & pack it away in her new backpack( I had to talk her out of the Hannah Montana backpack, she's only 4 for goodness sakes!).  We got the bag packed & it's waiting by the door ready to go.

Side story about Cross:  
One of the items on Tatum's list was a four pack of Play-doh.  We were standing  in front of the playdoh selections & I was asking her what color pack she would like for her school supplies.  As she was thinking about it Cross said, I want "lello" school supplies.  It was so cute that I had to get him a can of "lello" play-doh.  And when I was taking Tatum's picture with her school supplies, he was yelling that he wanted a picture, too.

Tatum with her loot
"Lello" School Supplies

2 comments:

Dusty and Dionne said...

I'm glad you went name brand with the school supplies.

Nina Broadway said...

It's when she says "I can in by myself" that you'll cry. I know from experience. I'm glad you went with name brand supplies, too.