LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family Fun Day?

Fridays are Family Fun Day for the Anderson family. (I know this is a really corny name, but the kids like it so we go with it.)  Anyway, we call it this because Friday is Toby's day off and we always try to do something as a family whether it be the mall, the zoo, etc.  This particular day we decided to go to the Oklahoma Science Museum, not such a great idea (hence the "?" in the title).  Oh, the kids really had a great time and we enjoyed our family togetherness, however, the fact that we were sharing this experience with about 200 or so elementary children made the time painful.  There were snotty, rude kids everywhere that didn't seem to care about the little ones (no not just mine) that were trying to enjoy the time as well.  It didn't seem like there was any learning going on, I mean wouldn't that be the point of a school field trip to the Science Museum?  I guess it was somewhat our fault, seeing that it was a Friday in the 2nd semester of the school year.  I do have a suggestion to the teachers out there though... give them a worksheet with a purpose so some learning is going on, geez!

Here are few pics of our experience, and I did include a rather unflattering picture of myself to prove that there is still a little girl in me that wants to have fun.   Enjoy!



Cross by the "Bullafo" in the Red Earth section.

Weeeeeeeeee!
Super-duper stand & spin
Watch out Gary England!
A kaleidoscope of Tatums

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Tatum's on TV! Uh oh, do we have a little news anchor on our hands?