So, I had this great idea for a project for Tatum & Cross... peanut butter pine cone birdfeeders. I remember doing these when I was younger and thought that they would have fun "feeding the birds" as the commercial says. Thanks to our friend down the street, Barbara Beasley, we had three really nice pine cones that we covered with salmonella free peanut butter and rolled in bird seed. When we were done we hung them in the trees in a way that we thought the squirrels would not be able to get them.
The next morning we took a peek at our feeders and saw that the squirrels were much too smart for us and apparently a little acrobatic, because the whole pine cone was pulled from the string we hung it with. Oh well, at least we fed something!
Tatum & Cross spreading the peanut butter & putting on the seed.
This was how Cross really helped... eating the peanut butter & yes a few seeds.
The finished product
The scene of the crime.
Like I said, thanks for feeding the squirrels!

1 comment:
look at you being artsy! i'm so impressed.
Post a Comment