LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HOPE


Well it's done, the 44th President of the United States has been sworn into office and a new administration has begun.  I sat for a few moments today with Tatum and watched some of the activities and explained what was happening.
I really don't expect her to understand a lot of this, I mean she is only 4, but what I hope she does understand is that even if we don't agree with the president, we need to pray for him.  So that's what I'm asking everyone to do, whether you voted for Obama or not, Pray, Pray, Pray.
Pray that he will make wise decisions; right decisions.  Decisions that uphold what our forefathers believed and founded this country on.  
And so much more important, pray that this country will realize that HOPE comes from Jesus Christ and not in a man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! So many songs are out about him saving the world, and saving us too. "He is our only hope," etc. I even heard that there was a bible company printing his picture on the cover of bibles they were passing out. I'm so worried for my kids! We had a big talk today too, about how Jesus is the only person who can save us all. I hope and pray Obama makes a difference, but we have to keep our eyes on the real God!

Dusty and Dionne said...

This is such a racist post, Shannon. Ha!