Okay so this is the topper for our exciting weekend...
Toby and I were sitting in the living room enjoying the peace that is nap time and wrapping Christmas gifts, when all of a sudden the door bell rang. I don't mean just once but repeatedly. I looked at Toby with wonderment (and a little disgust because the doorbell is right by the kids' rooms), open the door and a strange lady (meaning one that I don't know) said, "there's a fire, there's a fire" all the while pointing to the side of our house. We go out and look and guess what... A FIRE! The water spicket was right beside the blaze, but was frozen. So I'm running through the house bringing Toby pitchers of water while the strange lady (same meaning as above) is calling the fire department. Toby got it out as the firemen drove up. This is where it gets funny, the firemen were the very ones that workout at Crosstrainers and they all know Toby. In fact, they were at Crosstrainers when they got the call. The fire was out, but they sprayed it just in the case. They said we would be getting an invoice for a free one year membership to Crosstrainers, HA HA!
Thank you YFD and Strange Lady (still same as above meaning)!
FYI: The cause of the fire was from ashes that Toby had dumped from the fire we had the night before. The dumped ashes were right next to a pile of dead leaves. Toby was not aware that there were still some burning embers in the ashes midst since the fire had been out for at least 15 hours.
Lesson to be learned: check the ashes before dumping or get an ash bucket!

2 comments:
Now this is an exciting post! I'm so thankful it wasn't more serious. You should get that "strange" lady's name and thank her! Did the kids every wake up and come out to see the fire truck? I think those guys do deserve a free membership. or not.
I think the "strange lady" was actually a stalker and was looking in your window while smoking a cigarette, thus the real cause of the fire.
Sorry, friend, this is just the way my mind works. I live in a rose colored glasses kind of world, what can I say?
Glad you love me anyway (even when I don't return your emails in a timely manner).
Post a Comment