LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Vaca part deux

The 2nd part of our little trip to Tulsa we kept a secret from the kids until right before the event. We took them to a stage production of one of their favorite shows. My kids love Charlie Brown & Woostie (that's what Cross calls Snoopy) & like everyone else look forward to the Charlie Brown holiday specials especially Charlie Brown Christmas. So, when Toby discovered that a playwright had reworked this classic as a stage production, he thought about the kids. I wasn't sure how good this would turn out, I mean how do you make a cartoon into a live presentation & it still hold the attention of children & adults alike. Well they did it. It was great & Tatum & Cross were engrossed. I found myself laughing & laughing & laughing. The set was cartoon like yet 3-D, the costuming was great, the characters were captured, & the true meaning of Christmas was explained in only the way Linus could do it.
Afterward they invited all the children to meet the cast & make a craft with them. It was a really great time!


Before they knew what they were doing.
Cross has a great "I'm not sure what we're doing here" face, doesn't he?
The snow fall that's at the beginning of the cartoon.
Tatum, Cross, & Snoopy in front of his decorated dog house.

This was Pigpen complete with a cloud of dust (baby powder).
I think they fused the characters of Pigpen & Franklin for obvious reasons.
Lucy & Sally. These actresses really got the timing of their characters.
Sally was the best.
Peppermint Patty & Marci.
Doesn't Marci look great? Peppermint Patty was wearing sandals, of course.
Here's Charlie Brown & his finished Christmas Tree.
We have a young friend that really loves putting on "shows" that this guy reminded me of.
Guess who this is...Schroeder.
We took this pic for our friend Kersh Micah, I think he resembles him a little.
Here's the cast saying bye to us.
The character in yellow is one of the Woodstocks.
(We also got pics with Linus, Violet, Frieda, & Sherman)

Gas, Hotel, & Food:$$$
Christmas Train:$$
Charlie Brown Christmas:$$
Fun Christmas Vacation memories with Tatum & Cross: PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Micah and Sunny said...

Awww!!! How fun!! We are so jealous. That looks like you had ball. We love Charlie Brown too. And, tell Cross I think that Schroeder kinda looks like kersh micah too :) What a fun mini vacation!