LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Cheeks are Chilled

I just completed my 7th 5k of the year, the Chill your Cheeks run in Yukon. This one was a hilly one. In fact, somehow the people that marked out this course managed to start us off uphill & finish us uphill & I don't really remember going down hill in between. My rear & legs are definitely feeling that one today. I hadn't been running for about a month before this run, so I was fully prepared to have a slow time. I set 3 goals for myself.
#1 Just to finish
#2 To beat the old man (70ish) wearing jeans & button down shirt
#3 To beat the Chick-fil-a Cow
So, my time was just under 39 minutes. Not real good, but considering the fact that I hadn't been training & wasn't prepared to go uphill both ways, I'm pretty pleased. I met 2 of my 3 goals, I finished, I beat the old man, but the Cow got me. I just have to say How Now black & white cow did you run so fast? Cross said,"The cow didn't win Mommy, because you got the chicken sandwich." (Chick-fil-a provided chicken sandwiches for the runners.)

Here Tracie & I are before the race.
Like the hat? Betsy made that hat for Tatum & I thought that my ears would need it.
They didn't.
Here I am finishing the race Phoebe style.
Tatum picked me some "flowers" because I didn't get a prize.
After the race.
So glad to be done!

No comments: