LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

I hope that everyone had a great & wonderful time celebrating the resurrection of our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ. Toby & I have really tried to stress to Tatum & Cross what Easter is all about. We have a cute little book that even talks about how the Easter Bunny, Easter Eggs, & Easter clothes are all nice, but the real reason for the celebration is that Jesus is ALIVE!
Both of us were fortunate to grow up in a household that stressed this & still allowed the other side in, too.

Here's how we celebrated the Easter Holiday...

Saturday night we dyed eggs. I spent literally 30 minutes getting the colors ready, because I was following the directions to a t. This totally bugs Toby, but I wanted the colors to be vibrant as they were described on the packaging. Here are Tatum & Cross with an egg in each color. The waiting for the vibrancy was really too much to ask Cross to do.
Tatum with her egg, labeled with her name
& Cross excited that he finally got to hold a finished work of art.
Here is almost all of them. Notice the egg in the lower left hand corner of the picture. This is Toby's annual "dinosaur egg", translation egg that is dipped into every color & causes me to get irritated that he's mixing the colors. I don't like playdoh colors mixed either, & he always encourages the kids to do this to get to me.
Here they are in their Easter regalia, after going to church.
Peek-a-boo
Here's the hunt...

After we hid the eggs for them a couple of times, Tatum wanted her & Cross to hide them for us. She really got into this & thought about every place she hid them. This is how Cross hid the eggs from us. He wasted no time in hiding his eggs.
HOPPY EASTER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are the cutest kids i have ever seen; and the wife is looking good! Toby is one lucky dude.