LIFE ISN'T MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Kendall Day


November 30th is Kendall Day for us, our precious baby boy's birthday.  It's so hard to believe that it has been 5 years now since he went to be with Jesus.  I think about him everyday in some way.  Often it is what would he look like, what would he be doing, what would his personality be like.  All these things I know I will one day find out when I get to see him again in Heaven.  We have started to tell Tatum about her big brother.  She doesn't understand totally of course, but she does know that she has a big brother and that one day she hopefully will meet him.  Anyway, our family tradition is to celebrate his short life by going to the Christmas tree farm and cutting down our Christmas tree and then spending the rest of the day decorating our house for the holidays.  For us it is a way to give God glory in all things.  I have come to realize that His ways are not our ways, and that God's plans are far greater than our own and we shouldn't lean on our own understanding, but give Him the glory in every situation.

I miss my Kendall everyday but take comfort in the knowledge that he is in a far better place, a place where he never had to experience sadness, sickness, hurt, or any other awful thing that we face here on this earth.  He has been taken care of by the best care giver of all and I will get to hold him again some day.

Our Thanksgiving day picture in front of the Kendall tree at Kenneth and Patsy's
We can't even get the whole tree in the pic now.
Taking the tree to be loaded up.
Running and playing in the Christmas tree field.
The perfect tree.

3 comments:

Micah and Sunny said...

Thanks for sharing this, friend. We love Kendall and will continue to think of him. I will never forget the day he went to meet Jesus. His little life impacted so many of us in so many ways. One of them being that I began to love his parents more and more as I watched you guys struggle but always point to Christ and show His strength. You are amazing. As the years pass, know that we all think of little Kendall and think of him, especially, on this special day.

Lindsay said...

Everything Sunny said was good. We all love and think of Kendall. Your strength is an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

We all know he is in the best place of all, but the way you worded it saying he never had to experience any of the pain and sadness, etc of the world was an "aha moment" for me. That is such a great way to look at it...I hadn't thought of it that way...
We love you Kendall!
Aunt Micah